It's been years since I've done one of these, but after that last post, it seemed overdue. so over the next few posts, I'll document my process as much as I can. a note: as a mentioned in the previous post, this is an entirely new way of painting portraits for me, so I'm still working it out.
First things first. Here's the pallet I'm starting with:
Amazingly, I tend to add even more colors as I go. With this piece, I also used: Quinacridone Red (Williamsburg), Ruby Red (Charvin), Trans Oxide Black (Rembrandt), French Burnt Umber (Rublev), Unbleached Titanium Pale (Williamsburg). I used a variety of brushes, most of which are Rosemary's Series 2025, and Windsor & Newton synthetics.
And while i'm sharing, here's my setup on the other side of the easel. Obviously, no cleaning or tidying up was done prior to this picture.
more very soon!